Collapse
X
  • Klockan
  • Show
Clear All

• MX-5 turbo kit

Hello!

You seem to have a very nice web site

Unfortunately I don\'t know Swedish language very well so I have to write in English. I live in Finland and there is no Miata Club here and nobody seems to know anything about TÛV approved turbo kits. Does anybody here know where I could purchase a TÛV approved turbo kit for my 1995 1,8 MX-5? I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with this case.

Best Regards
    Marko

SV: MX-5 turbo kit

The only TüF-approved Bolt-on turbokits i have seen is for the 1,6 l engine sold by IL- motorsport in Germany and som other companies as Swedish Njoydesign! Here in Sweden i belive it´s more common to use a Supercharger instead to the 1.8l. Here, it doesent matter if the turbo or S/C are approved or not. We are not allowed to use them anyway, so therefore we use them without the approvement and bring the car back to original for the yearly cartest ... There are some guys that have homemade Turboinstallations, both for 1,6 and 1,8 litre.

There are Bolt-on kits available for the 1,8l made by FlyinMiata and sold from Perfomance5 in England. Not the cheapest, but i will say probably the best..

http://www.performance5.com/turbo.asp
    Jobbåka: Mercedes GLC 300d AMG, - 21
    Retrosport: SAAB Sonett V4-68 #950, US-spec, Sonett Blue..
    Blårökåka: SAAB 96 GT750, -60, Pärlgrå trubbnos i originalskick..
    Cabbe: SAAB 900s classic - 94 Lågmilare I nyskick från USA.
    Kombi: SAAB 95 B Deluxe - 64, en ägare. Rostfri Norrlandsbil.
    Vinter: SAAB 96 V4 - 75b. Retro rally för bilorientering.

Comment

I asked \"Karl\" at madmx5.com about TüF approval on their turbokits when I was asking him about some other stuff.
      Here´s his answer...

Hi Fredrik

The crank pulley is still in development. We are looking at getting
      them made so that they still make use of the harmonic dampener, so
      don\'t put extra stress on the Crank and oil pump.

The turbo kits are not TUV approved. It\'s not a process we have been
      through before, but we could look at doing it next year perhaps. Do
      you have any information on TUV approval ?

Thanks

Karl.

So if you mail them some info about TüF approval they might do it in the future.
      They also got some sharp turbo-kits.

/Fredrik

Comment

Just got another mail from Karl...

...If you know anyone in Germany or Finland who wants a turbo
        kit and is prepared to help go through TUV, let me know.

Cheers

Karl.

/Fredrik

Comment

http://www.hgp-turbo.de/
          Bor i Mölndal, är i Forshaga ibland

MX-5 Trophy -99, by Kronos Racing | 1998 JDM RS, rostig med billig

Comment

Thank you for the answers!

Ursprungligen postat av Peter Sandström
            it doesent matter if the turbo or S/C are approved or not. We are not allowed to use them anyway, so therefore we use them without the approvement and bring the car back to original for the yearly cartest ...
            Oh! you have a lot of work to do every year. I have heard that somebody does the same thing in Finland too but it\'s unusual.

In Finland you can install a turbo kit in to your car but you must prove that the car meets the emission requirements. So the kit must have the tüv approval or the car must be tested. The price of the test is more than 1000 euros and if the car doesn\'t pass the test you must make some changes and bring your car back to tests and pay the same price again til the requirements are met. I think it will be too expensive and that\'s why I\'m looking for a tüv approved kit.

There is also another test in Finland that must be done after the turbo installation. The horsepowers mustn\'t be more than +20% compared with the most powerful engine that exists in the same car. The most weird thing is that the test is required only one time. It\'s very typical that once you have proved that the increase of the horsepowers is less than +20% you turn your turbo to give the maximal horsepowers

I don\'t know much about the tüv tests because it\'s a German standard but I know Finland\'s authorities will approve the tüv approved turbo kits to meet the emissions requirements.

Comment

Ursprungligen postat av Fredrik Henriksson
              [i]
              I\\\'m interested in having a turbo kit. Could you please tell him my email address? marko.i.heinonen@jippii.fi

Marko

Comment

Ursprungligen postat av Marko
                Ursprungligen postat av Fredrik Henriksson
                [i]
                I\\\\\\\'m interested in having a turbo kit. Could you please tell him my email address? marko.i.heinonen@jippii.fi

Marko
                I have sent your e-mailadress to him with a note to contact you...

/Fredrik

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Ta bort  
                x
                x
                Avancerade alternativ
                Rendering Options

Vänligen skriv in de sex bokstäver eller siffror som syns i bilden här bredvid.

Registration Image Förnya bild
                Working...
                X